AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many of you younger guys think us older guys are nuts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cessnapilot3
Posted 4/3/2014 15:48 (#3794680 - in reply to #3794326)
Subject: RE: How many of you younger guys think us older guus are nuts?

I have the highest regard for the knowledge and experience of the old timers. The way I figure it, unless you farm in other countries too, you only get one shot per year. So unless you're really fortunate you might get only 50-60 crops in your lifetime. I get in and out of my car 50-60 times per day. I can't imagine how difficult it would be if I only did it 50-60 times in a lifetime. I think to not capitalize on the knowledge of old, a person would be selling themselves short. Why re-invent the wheel.. What is troublesome to me is the "New generation farmer". This guy, and we all probably know some, doesn't know how to cultivate, doesn't know how to plow, and doesn't realize that some tractors don't have auto-steer and air conditioning nor would he ever be seen in town with dirty boots, dirty pants and an old two wheel drive pickup. Now the reason I mention this, is because this is the guy that always seems to be spouting off what we should and shouldn't be doing. In the mean time, the guys who have the skills of old AND NEW are usually sitting in the corner laughing inside. The ones with the real knowledge have to be asked. These are the guys I seek out for knowledge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)