AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat CPR or Lost Cause
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Farmjazz
Posted 4/3/2014 15:24 (#3794632 - in reply to #3792585)
Subject: RE: Wheat CPR or Lost Cause

central South Dakota
Good luck, hope it surprises you like mine did last year. Planted WW into dry ground a year ago last fall, didn't have 10% come up before winter. Next spring (Spring of last year), spring came late, had an adjuster come out and we looked at it several times. Seemed like a "no-brainer" to destroy and plant corn, but I didn't. Danged near every last person in central SD gave up on their WW. I'm not really set up for corn, decided to leave it and see if it could muster some magic like some wheat crops have done in the past. Sure enough, ended up with 60-65 bu on a quarter and an 80. Dangdest thing. Neighbor here and there would comment........you must have caught a rain on that..............but I didn't get any rains they didn't. Think it might have germinated some early spring, and with big wet snows had time to vernalize in the spring. Could be it swelled enough to vernalize over winter, kind of doubt it. But, one more time wheat pulled some magic for me. Can't tell from your pics if yours started and died out, or if it is there waiting for warmth and moisture, but good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)