AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prarie Chicken listed as "threatened"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 4/1/2014 12:31 (#3790304 - in reply to #3789551)
Subject: RE: Prarie Chicken listed as "threatened"

Lubbock, Texas
I always find it interesting that "progressives" and leftist and other atheist and agnostic darwinist are always the first to freak out when some species decides that it can no longer compete and wants to go extinct

I am all for trying to save the Attwaters and the Lesser Prairie Chickens, but at the same time I personally do not believe the proper methods are being used to do so......and the truth of why I would like them saved is I would like to see them one day have a huntable population

I wrote to the chancellor of the Texas Tech system back in April of last year about my concerns with what was being done with the Lesser Prairie Chicken and some ideas that I had to help the situation and I did get a reply from a member of their staff about that idea and wanting to contact me, but I had to inform them that I am not an expert in the particular subject area, but that as a layman that has studied some of the ideas I had in mind I believed it was viable and at that time I did not hear back from them

I am today or tomorrow going to follow up on that and write the chancellor again and contact the individual that contacted me as well and further flesh out my ideas (that I now know have been considered for other species) and point out that we are in fact at the point now where regulations are going to happen and not just be "potentially" and also that oil companies have the money and it appears the desire to make something really happen on this issue

this all reminds me of a story I read one time about Jacques Yves Cousteau and how he was going to be a guest at some big fancy dinner for "conservation" (the leftist real solution to anything a big conference at a fancy expensive resort filled with self aggrandizing blowhards) and someone was looking over the menu for the conference and on it was some "critical" species of fish and the worried person ask someone else if Jacques Yves Cousteau would in fact eat that and the answer back to that person was "He is French he will eat anything" (which is true for sure) and sure enough Jacques Yves Cousteau showed up and ate every last bite......but in the end I think that Jacques Yves Cousteau realized like I do that the fastest way to conserve something is to get it on a fancy expensive dinner plate or to make it the preferred hunting species because then money will flow out of the woodwork for conservation (which actually involved making more so they can be eaten) and once private and for profit breeding programs start up the "will" will suddenly find a way and there will be a great deal more of something produced

and as for the Lesser Prairie Chicken I think the fact that in spite of all the "research" conducted so far and the "saving" of native habitat that the species decided it wanted to cut it's population on half in about a single year shows that you are really not addressing the issue of species survival just by "saving the habitat" and then congratulating yourself that you have done all that needs to be done.......in my view the answer is to make more of the damn things, but that is diametrically opposed to the progressive leftist darwinist agnostic atheist fool view on things which is to blame it all on the "hand of man" (even though in their view man is just another animal like any other except of course we are suppose to be socially and environmentally responsible while the wolf and coyote and bobcat and badger and skunk fight over who will eat the last Lesser Prairie Chicken) and we are just suppose to curtail all activities of man while nature goes ahead and wipes something out with impunity anyway

maybe we should tell the envirowackos that the Lesser Prairie Chickens finally got their "Prairie Chicken planned parenthood" offices funded and up and running and that female Prairie Chickens no longer wish to be subjugated to sitting on a nest while male Prairie Chickens get to go around "booming" with all the other boys at the Prairie Chicken bars and hangouts and booming grounds and having fun while taking no responsibility for sitting on the nest or raising the hatchlings and that many female and male Prairie Chickens have also decided to have gender reassignments as well or that they have finally come out of the Prairie Chicken closet and they are forming "non traditional nest" and that is why numbers are way down

something tells me they would not find that as an acceptable answer........even though that is right up the alley of what they champion

Edited by rodrod5 4/1/2014 12:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)