AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prarie Chicken listed as "threatened"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 4/1/2014 07:09 (#3789741 - in reply to #3788910)
Subject: RE: Yeah, as Mutt pointed out, there's a season...

SW KS, near Dodge City
Which is why I stated that. To illustrate the ludicrous hypocrisy that is going on. Those of us that it effects tremendously (and it will, contrary to Chimel's thoughts) remain uninformed on the subject. One of the things that they wanted to push through with it was a requirement for an "environmental study" for each and every oil well they drill b/c of the height that the derrick is. Apparently it disrupts the feng shui of their happy grassland home. Or some such reason. I'm hoping the oil lobby was a little more on the ball and got that stopped. One of the wind development people flatly stated that they would not locate a tower in prairie chicken designated areas b/c of these issues. Think of the loss of value that landowner has just experienced. Based on an auction several years ago out by Leoti or Tribune (can't remember where that windfarm is) a windtower was adding between 1250-1500/acre to the price of the ground (they sold some ground w/ the towers and payments and some didn't have any towers, all cropland, but I don't know if there were other qualitative differences).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)