AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geothermal heat pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

hillfarmer
Posted 3/29/2014 07:54 (#3783609 - in reply to #3723455)
Subject: RE: Geothermal heat pump

vickruse - 2/28/2014 19:46

We bought a log home in fall of 2012 with geo thermal. Home is 15 years old, 2000 sq ft cape cod. I believe loop is in ground 9-10 feet. Last winter bill was $350/month for coldest months and that is with auxillary electric kicking in on demand. This last month it was $775 and month before was $550. Lot colder winter but our log home is not very efficient either, 8 inch D log that was not built properly around doors and windows. Will be making changes before fall! Serviceman checked out water furnace and said geo thermal in a cold climate will run auxillary quite often. He said put a thermometer on heat register nearest furnace. It was 80 degrees. With auxillary on it was 88 degrees. 80 degree heat out of a heat duct will not heat a house up to 70 when it was 10 below with the wind blowing.

I'd be calling every body in the phone book to double check the inlet and outlet temps of the

water from the outside ,double check the size of the unit ,make sure the unit is the right size

guy here is heating a 80 by 120 steel fab shop with geo , I would never use electric as a back up

60 year old house -10 degrees and the back up was not coming on
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)