AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra firmware upgrade- product switching
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/15/2014 08:13 (#3754754 - in reply to #3754265)
Subject: RE: Integra firmware upgrade- product switching

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
KMech - 3/14/2014 20:44

That it is an issue with the DC Liquid module sounds like a load of bull to me. It would make absolutely no sense for that to honestly be a hardware issue. There's no logical reason from a programming standpoint that the DC Liquid module even needs to know what the product is. This is lazy programming.

As usual I agree with KMech. I suspect it's one of those things that could be done but hasn't been a high priority.

When split planter first came out, you couldn't use the same variety on both sides of the planter. At Ag Leader training I brought up this point. Their answer was to create another configuration that only included one variety. Then use the split-planter configuration sometimes and the singe variety configuration other times. My reply was OK but what if I wanted to do split-planter at the start of a field but then finish up with the same variety on both sides. Their answer was to switch configurations at that time. I mentioned the problem of autoswath. They hadn't thought of that.

A year or so later this problem was eliminated and you are now able to use the same variety on both "sides". I think that it should be possible to do the product switching without losing the previous coverage map but there may be other consequences that make this impractical.

I don't feel that Ag Leader employees are purposely trying to deceive users but the employees are not always privy to all the developments and sometimes need to come up with an answer to satisfy a question. I've always thought that saying "I don't know" is better than making up some type of weak excuse.

Edited by tedbear 3/15/2014 08:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)