AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar Rate Controller ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

budfarmer
Posted 3/15/2014 07:22 (#3754653 - in reply to #3754480)
Subject: RE: Greenstar Rate Controller ?

Lil' Hoss - 3/15/2014 00:01

I won't install a rate controller without a height switch, if the customer says No then they install the rate controller, I don't want to be blamed for someone getting hurt from a system arming and letting NH3 discharge. Not worth it. 

I would also be installing a rope operated emergency shut off valve. Speaking from experience. Depending on your nh3 system some of the control valve are power open and power close not spring close. Let me give a real world example. Was pulling nh3 at night had just turned around at the end of the field put the unit in the ground when the main power distribution board went out on a newer tractor ( color not important they are all made the same). Once that happened you loose everything electronically controlled. You loose the power shift transmissions so you stop moving. your hydraulics that are controlled electronically plus if you use the in cab power supply for your nh3 unit the ability to close the valves on your nh3. Fortunately my unit was in the ground and wind was cooperating so I could close tank valve. Thing could have been ugly if the nh3 had triped on and the unit hadn't quite been in the ground yet, or if you only loose some power not all. You may not be able to close your valves. Long story short had the valve installed right away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)