AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First test with CFX-750 and EZ-Pilot - confused...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy-n-ky
Posted 3/13/2014 06:27 (#3750835)
Subject: First test with CFX-750 and EZ-Pilot - confused...

North/Central Kentucky
Just like a kid in the candy store...
I recently bought the new 750 and EZ-Pilot and finally finished the install. I just unlocked the free RangePoint RTX and started running through the wizard.

I got to the point that said to head to a field and produce A/B lines. I did and finally the calibration was over and it was time to test
I selected a field and told it to use A/B lines. I set an implement width of 10'. (Basically my 4 row corn planter.)

I started driving south in a hay field, set an A pt followed by a B pt 100 feet away. The line was drawn and I immediately engaged the EZ-Pilot.
After a quarter of a mile, I looked back and was impressed at how straight my tracks were.
I turned around, found the next parallel line and engaged EZ-Pilot again heading back north.
It seemed that the farther back I drove, the closer I came to my first set of tracks. I started with 2.5 to 3 feet between tire tracks. I ended with them touching. This was over a quarter mile. That certainly was not a parallel line, but since the first trip was the line where the A/B was set, I sort of discounted that as being an accurate test and just kept testing.
Once I got back to the north end, I turned around again, found the next parallel and told it to drive.

The weirdness came when I got to the south end that second time. I turned around, but engaged EZ-Pilot early to see if it would find the next parallel line.
It engaged on a line that was basically half way between the line I had just driven on and the next parallel. I was now heading north, straddling the outside track that my tractor made on the last pass heading south. It was a very straight line, but not on a 10' parallel. I never tried to reproduce, and for some reason, the passes seemed to get more consistent over time. The 10' parallels worked over the next several passes north and south, and then I headed to the house.
But, I left that field very confused.

I'm sure the problem lies with me and my first time out with the new hardware, but I would think it's either on a line, or it's not.

I certainly welcome any comments here. Have a good day folks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)