AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do I do about this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mschultz
Posted 3/10/2014 16:07 (#3745562 - in reply to #3745323)
Subject: RE: What do I do about this?

Oregon
Not sure what your religion has to do with anything unless you were expecting a deity to raise hell on your behalf.

According to the facts presented, it seems like you are being taken advantage of and not being treated fairly. I understand and respect your desire to avoid conflict, but you kinda have to balance that against the desire not to be taken advantage of.

I suggest writing everything down and then talking to the owner / manager. If they do not offer to make the repair correct or to pay the cost of having someone else repair their defective work, I suggest that you do two things.

1. Report back here with your experience with the business. Lots of people act like naming names is some kind of secret. Just post the name of the shop and the facts relating to the event. This will enable your friends and neighbors to make fully-informed decisions about where to take their business.

2. So you can avoid the drama and conflict, just go see a competent attorney. For +/-$300 you should be able to get someone to draft a letter for you. While it would not be cost effective to litigate such a small amount, no one wants to deal with unwelcome attention from a lawyer. (That is why you hire them to solve issues for you). This will give you peace of mind that you are not going to be blown off while distancing you from the conflict. Maybe the cost of that letter will yield some results. Maybe not. But it may give you some peace of mind.

Note: If you do talk to an attorney, you might consider working out a flat fee for the letter, this way you do not end up with a surprise invoice.

-Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)