AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Closing out Last Year's AgLeader InSight Monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/8/2014 10:18 (#3741055 - in reply to #3740828)
Subject: RE: Closing out Last Year's AgLeader InSight Monitor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I would just go to the new year and set it up as the active year. Then edit the fields that have changes. You can change their names or delete them. New ones can be added by hand which is what I typically do since I never have very many. The upload process that you mention can be done also but for me I don't bother.

Having old fields "hang around" isn't really too much of a problem. I have some fields that change from year to year. We have some land that now "runs together" and depending on the crop, sometimes what had been two fields one year may be planted as one this year. So I might have a name for the fields separately and another name when they are farmed continuously straight through.

This might cause some confusion when one wants to reuse old AB lines. The line may have been created and saved with one field when it was used. The next year I may want to use that line to get started with a neighboring field. This can be done by exporting the AB line to the memory card and then go to field where you wish it was and importing it in. After that this AB line will be available in both fields.

This year I will be using an Integra for planting. I have several AB lines (125) in my Insight that I used to use with the planter on a different tractor. Some of those AB lines will be useful to have in the Integra. It was also time for some housekeeping as some of the lines were no longer useful.

I exported all the AB lines from the Insight to a memory card. I copied those files to a directory on a PC. I copied those files to a USB stick for the Integra. I then brought up the lines in SMS. This worked quite nicely since SMS showed the guidance lines and the legend stated their names. I had been quite diligent about using descriptive names. This allowed me to decide which of those lines I wanted to import from the USB stick into the Integra.

I will undoubtedly have some new AB lines that I create with the Integra. I could use the reverse process to get them into the Insight but I probably won't due to the way that tractor will now be used.

Edited by tedbear 3/8/2014 10:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)