AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Omnistar into Bourgault
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Canucker
Posted 3/4/2014 18:51 (#3732997)
Subject: Omnistar into Bourgault

I'm the fourth guy in on this and dealing with a lot of maybes, ifs, and "I think this is what he said"s.

Reportedly, last year there was an issue getting Omnistar from a 372 receiver into a Bourgault display. Display was an X20. The 372 was also the gps engine for an Intellisteer system. Everything worked fine on WAAS, but the customer is running on Omnistar because performance from WAAS was not adequate. Once the system switched over to Omnistar however, the X20 would no longer recognize it. Reportedly, and again, not directly involved in this operation, it was a software issue with the X20.

Customer has a new tractor this year with another 372 Intellisteer but he's upgrading to an X30. The best answer I've receiver so far is the X30 SHOULD be able to take an Omnistar signal from the 372 but nobody is able to give me a definite answer or a "yup, we're doing that". The new components aren't all at the same spot yet so I can't just hook them up and test, but I'm hoping somebody on here has some experience with either Omnistar in the X20 or the X30 and what we need to do to make it work for this season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)