AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How long does beef last in the freezer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ben5398
Posted 3/3/2014 14:03 (#3730044 - in reply to #3725653)
Subject: RE: How long does beef last in the freezer?

Central Illinois
After my grandmother passed I asked my grandfather to use his deep freeze for some deer I harvested. I had to clean it out, it was like an archeological dig. I kept getting deeper and the food kept getting older. I did not eat any of it, but went through the 90's 80's 70's and ended up in the 60's with the last thing out of the freezer being Thanksgiving '67 I could not recognize what it was, for that fact most of what was pitched was not labeled beyond a date. Sorry not beef topic, though I imagine something I pulled out was beef and no I would not have ate it.

If you are 2 years out on eating beef, I would say dont buy anything for a couple years. If you dont eat it within a year you have too much food. The wife and I dont shop for groceries beyond milk every January and February. We call those months the eat down months. We have finished the holidays and as always over ate and overspent, so we just start eating down everything. This year we have almost emptied the deep freeze, just some fish from last years canadian trip and a few cookies left from Christmas. Even the pantry is almost empty. We started in December this year and will be forced to shop again in about 2 more weeks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)