AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Regular Lasik vs.Monovision?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 2/26/2014 10:59 (#3717853 - in reply to #3717740)
Subject: RE: Regular Lasik vs.Monovision?

Western CO
I had monovision lasik about 6 yrs ago when I was 46. I went that way to try to avoid reading glasses as long as I could, having said that even my eye doc has always been surprised when he asks if I use reading glasses since lasik. I really like it and once my brain figured it out it is automatic going back and forth. My left eye is corrected for near vision, so if I close it my near vision is blurry and vise versa with my right. That is the only time I can tell that I have the different correction. I will say this, if you have it done the first couple of weeks may drive you nuts until your brain figures it out. I thought for sure I had done the wrong thing, I couldn't see very well either near or far until my brain got the signals straight - its pretty amazing what our brains can do. I do need reading glasses for really small print. If it's only for a quick read of something really small I use the magnifying glass app on my phone a lot. I wore glasses since I was 5 and had something like 20/400 vision so I really like not having glasses. Another note of caution however is you will need to be extra careful about using safety glasses as I "got by" using my glasses most of the time and never really thought about it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)