AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader on Apple OS X?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bswenseth
Posted 2/24/2014 14:28 (#3713472 - in reply to #3713006)
Subject: Parallels on imac is great!

ND
I would recommend it. I have been running Farmworks on my mac for 2 years now. Purchase the imac with the least amount of ram you can get and go to Crucial.com and order the full 16 gb or if the new ones can handle 32 then get that amount. It is the same ram that apple uses and it was recommended to me by an apple employee to save money. I have upgraded the memory on 3 computers this way and I will continue to do this in the future.

As far as possible problems with jump drives/locating printers/formatting problems, on parrallels when you plug in your jumpdrive, it asks you if you want it to show up on mac or windows. printers are no trouble at all. If you are on the mac screen and download something that will only open in windows, it will have the parallels symbol on the icon and when you click on it, it will open in windows.

I have one mac running xp and another running windows 7 home edition. they both work fine. the best part is when windows crashes, you can restart parallels instead of the whole computer. you dont have to wait for your hard drive to shut down and reboot. The 27" is awesome to work on when designing drain tile. you can see everything on one screen without scrolling around everywhere. (I tried to design tile on a smaller screen after using my imac, and I will never attempt it again.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)