AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro700 ISO VT & Task Controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mvisto
Posted 2/24/2014 10:51 (#3713103)
Subject: Pro700 ISO VT & Task Controller

Southeast ND
I have been reading all of the posts on the Pro700 ISO VT/Task Controller and I have a few questions yet.

I have been planting wheat and soybeans with a Flexicoil 3 tank air cart system.

I also operate a 3 tank liquid fertilizer system for corn using positive displacement piston pumps that utilizes the same Flexicoil monitor and a similar air cart control node. In an air cart, 1 revolution of the meter will drop X pounds of a dry product. The same is true for a positive displacement liquid pump in that 1 revolution will pump X pounds of a liquid product. The control concept is identical and the system has worked well.

My corn fertilizer system has a two tank liquid fertilizer cart along with saddle tanks on the tractor that is considered the third tank for control.

When I plant soybeans with the air cart, I have been placing liquid micronutrients in the furrow. This has been reflected on the Flexicoil monitor as a four tank air cart system consisting of the 3 dry air cart tanks along with the liquid saddle tanks on the tractor as the fourth tank.

But now I have traded my old Flexicoil 3 tank air cart system to a new 3 tank Precision Air Cart that is using the Pro700 for control.

The old Flexicoil monitor system has worked well for the dry air cart, the liquid cart, and the dry/liquid hybrid system that uses both the air cart tanks and the tractor saddle tanks. But now I would like to run the system solely out of the Pro700.

Am I correct in reading that the Pro700 Task Controller currently balks at multiple control nodes?

If the Task Controller will not work with multiple nodes, will the VT be able to utilize multiple control nodes? (For example: 2 Precision Air Cart control nodes; or the Precision Air Cart control node along with a Dickey John ISO Strip Till control node)

If the Pro700 can run multiple VT control nodes but not multiple Task Controller control nodes, is the Task Controller then available to monitor and VR control 1 of the nodes. Can one of the nodes be designated for monitoring and VR control?

Does the Precision Air Cart control node utilize a PWM signal to control the VR electric motor? Can this signal be utilized to control a PWM hydraulic flow valve? If not, then the only other option I have found is one of the Dickey John ISO control nodes.

The Dickey John Strip Till or Air Seeder ISO nodes can operate up to 4 tanks. These tanks can be dry, liquid or NH3 or any combination. The tanks can be PWM or voltage based with other parameters and adjustments to fine tune the system. It can use either the magnetic or optical rpm sensors as well as monitor the dry tank levels and individual rows. This would be an answer to the above questions but I sure am not very interested in converting the Precision Air Cart over to DJ control.

Thank you,

Marty.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)