AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone switched back to paper accounting?(or wanted to)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 2/20/2014 11:30 (#3703872 - in reply to #3701850)
Subject: RE: Has anyone switched back to paper accounting?(or wanted to)

North End I-15
I started my first good set of books on a Model 3 Radio shack Computer in 1983 . It was a program written by wife's cousin .

Prior to that it was all a" boot box and check book register". (and a peek in my wallet .)

With first IMB compatible machine and a basic Windows I found Quicken , Still using the Quicken program and do have back up , back up , back up .

The old RS and cousins program was the best system going at the time for the money . He did a wonderful job programing . There were few accounting programs back then and very expensive for the time .

Now quicken has gotten so complex I hate it !
Seriously considering the Boot Box , Check Register system again . And let the accountant sort it out ! :>)

Edit : I remember the first year I took " the Books" in to the Banker . They were printed on tractor drive ,fan fold paper .
I walked in the door by his desk , Threw the paper out in a big fan fold flutter across the floor . "You wanted to see my Books ? There they are !"
I think he still tells that story at banker meetings :>)

Another Edit : I got audited by the IRS in 1978 . I took my Boot Box , Check register to the meeting . He was impressed at my filing system .
When ever he would question an expense , I had the piles rubber banded together for what ever category he wanted . After 4 hours he smiled and said , Good Bye . I had made a depreciation error cost me a couple $ but all were happy at the end. One of his questions was my repair bills seemed high , "Well when you farm with Junk they are !" Was a fun afternoon . :<(

Edited by Ernie 2/20/2014 11:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)