AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another SMS Mobile Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 2/19/2014 17:10 (#3701990)
Subject: Another SMS Mobile Question

Not to beat a dead horse, but can't get through to anyone at AgLeader a lot of holding going on? Not normally a problem with their service. Anyways, running SMS on our desktop and really like it. I have a Windows 8 tablet running the full desktop not the RT (It's a Microsoft Surface pro 2). What I really want to be able to do is take a variety map from planting and use Mobile to walk out into the field and using GPS know which variety I am standing in exactly. I can get close now but it's not exact. Also, would be handy when working with fertilizer trials etc. Pull up a fertilizing map and walk out in the field and use GPS to show which fertilizer pass I am in. I have a GPS bluetooth unit that guarantees 4-5' accuracy which is plenty. We split plant 24 row 30" so have 60 feet of one variety strips and it's pretty easy to tell where one variety starts and stops just never know exactly which is which. Currently have another group of guys that do our grid sampling and are cheap and do great work so no real desire to start doing it ourselves but I still pull quite a few samples that aren't gridded and would be nice to mark where I pull those also. I see a ton of value in Mobile but it would push me over the edge of purchase if I knew if the variety/fertilizer maps would work as I want. Any other ideas out there concerning Mobile I'm all ears, lot of smart dudes in this forum. For you guys using RTK and hooking in to the Yumas and other Rugged tablets what receivers are you using, that sounds like a nice setup. All we have for RTK is the Starfire 3000's for our Deere Stuff. Thanks

Aaron
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)