AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What Functions whould you like to see in APEX?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rangaf
Posted 2/18/2014 16:02 (#3699523 - in reply to #3696901)
Subject: Re: What Functions whould you like to see in APEX?

Minneota, MN
I'm with Badger, I could spend hours detailing what I'd like Apex to do! But here's a few ideas from my vantage point:

1) Stop releasing software updates with bugs! Test the software first, then release. I've wasted days and days and days of my life fixing Apex update errors--to the point I avoid updates at all cost. Okay, rant over...

2) Today I have no ability to analyze my harvest data. My apex data is simply a map storage facility. What I want to do is analyze if our different management practices are beneficial or not. For example, I'd like to overlay a prescription planting map on top of my harvest map and determine if the changed populations are beneficial (compare to previous years' info that did not have variable rate planting. Another example is analyzing my variable rate fertilizing to harvested maps. Another example is looking at zones within our soybean harvest maps that had Ferrilene/Soygreen applied and see if they are beneficial versus myself drawing polygons and looking at yields this year versus previous years that didn't have the chemical applied. As I understand it, what I'm looking for is what SMS calls querying through layers. Today my fertilizer company will help answer these questions using their SST or SMS software, but that's a PITA (ever tried exporting harvest info from Apex? Ugh...)

3) Cloud-based solution. Let Deere maintain the software on their servers and I can query/upload/run reports/create prescriptions, etc using a browser-based portal. Having one or two installs of the software on the farm is how software worked 20 years ago. Let me access my data anywhere and anytime.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)