AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Liquid Control questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 2/18/2014 08:32 (#3698755 - in reply to #3698522)
Subject: Re: Ag Leader Liquid Control questions

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

First, Thank You for a reply.

I agree, the end of that "raven pressure cable" doesn't look correct. Maybe, I should just consider a cheap $20-$25 manual gauge, mounted at ball valve area, so I at least have a reference for my pressure, to see if it closely matches the charts for my spray tips, during some calibrations.

I had read one of your previous, old posts (like in 2010 or 2011) about fence row nozzles and that they also "steal" volume from the rest of the boom applied amount. Next, I read some of the Intregra booklet, about those, too.

About the 10 section "solenoid" cable photo, I supplied = it was the only one that had a photo. There wasn't a photo available, on the cable/s, that they recommend for ball valves.

7 section ball valve cable part # 4000424-6 (no photo) $113

10 section ball valve cable part # 4000573-6 (no photo) $169

Here's the website, that I've found some photos, of some cables: http://www.orderag.com/category-s/1970.htm

I sure don't seem to find photos, or detailed schematics on Ag Leader's site or some of their Knowledge base and .pdf files. (Glad that "orderag.com" website, had a few photos)

Another issue, for my current setup, will be the current $85 Teejet pressure regulating butterfly servo by-pass valve; After reading some more about the speed at which those valves need to compensate, it sure doesn't look like my current style will even come close to correctly maintaining proper flow rates. The local sprayer parts dealer, is mostly Teejet and Raven components. I will have to see what he normally stocks, for the "custom sprayer guys" and see if that model might work. I believe he is mostly Raven for things like pressure regulators and pressure transducers.

Again ,thanks for the info on liquid control module operation and you gave me an explanation of that jumper wire, too (implement switch)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)