AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Out of the dark ages!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rebelblues
Posted 2/18/2014 07:03 (#3698574)
Subject: Out of the dark ages!

I am just now entering the precision farming. Know almost nothing except for what by salesman is telling me.
I'm looking at the Ag Leader. I need to keep things as simple as possible. I'll be doing dry fertilizer application with a truck mounted spinner box. We have no till row chop mostly and lots of pasture. I will be doing custom application on small farms in northeast Mississippi. A few of our bigger farmers are now using variable rate. The only features I really need are accurate application rates, variable rate and guidance. Which Ag Leader set up do I need.....Integra or Versa? My salesman is pushing for the Integra, but I feel it is way more than I need. Are there features you can unlock on Versa? I want something super simple to avoid long setup time from field to field. The dealer is almost two hours away so if problems come up, I will have little to no help except by phone. High tech really scares the heck out of me. And I can't afford to lose time. I'm know I'm way behind you guys, but any advice or help would be great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)