AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Liquid Control questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/18/2014 06:07 (#3698510 - in reply to #3698218)
Subject: Re: Ag Leader Liquid Control questions

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
frmr96 - 2/17/2014 21:18

AgLeader modules don't send the Positive to anything. The high-current 12Volt HOT wire goes directly to the valves and clutches, etc. The module is only switching the ground connection. If you know of a specific wiring diagram you'd like to see, let me know and I can see if I can find it for you on the Ag Leader side. Otherwise, I know of a Ag Leader company in western Iowa off of I-80 I could suggest. (No, I do not work for them, nor do I get anything to recommend them, I just know of they're capabilities.)

Part of this is correct. With planter clutches (Clutch Control Module) a high current 12 Volt hot does go directly to each section valve and the ground is switched. Part of the reason this was done was for the section detection routine so the system can determine when a section is physically connected. This can cause confusion and problems when the Clutch Control Module is used with other third party clutches. The opposite can also be a problem. Suppose a third party controller is used with Ag Leader clutches. In certain cases this idea of switching ground rather than the hot can lead to problems. Such may be the case when using a Trimble or Deere controller with Ag Leaders SureVacs as the SureVacs are polarity sensitive.

With a liquid situation, the hot is switched as is commonly done with a SPST switch. For a solenoid setup, the module switches the Positive and a constant ground is available at each branch. For a motorized valve setup where the ball valves have internal relays, the module switches the trigger line and a constant power/ground pair for each branch is utilized.

Edited by tedbear 2/18/2014 06:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)