AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harbor Freight toolbox work bench... Time will tell! (Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 2/17/2014 10:22 (#3696279 - in reply to #3695431)
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight toolbox work bench... Time will tell! (Pics)

Wi
A moisture barrier may not be the worst idea now since its empty, a lot easier to move now than later.

As for space for your toes, depends on your feet. I would opt for getting the cabinets up and having a toe kick underneath, but I wear size 14 boots too. I also prefer much taller benches for working (40"+) but again, just me and being tall, its your shop so build it to suit how you are comfortable working. Been in some shops with what I call midget tables, pain in the butt for myself but the owner liked it better and that's what matters. See some 5' techs with KRL boxes and they look like they are standing on their tippy toes just to work on top of them.

On the other hand, it sounds like you will be using it for lighter work. In that case what about a large overhang thats big enough you can sit comfortable with a stool to work on projects? Downside to this is that it moves the drawers deep underneath the bench and may not be as handy.

Just ideas off the top of my head, I think you'll love having the thing either way. Drawers of any kind are nice as are clean work benches.

What gauge SS did you end up going with? I was hoping to make some benches for our shop and was hoping I could find someone who could do a raised edge on the tops but that may get a little pricey. You just putting wood under yours?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)