AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organ donation, have you thought about it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 2/13/2014 19:58 (#3688059 - in reply to #3687308)
Subject: RE: Organ donation, have you thought about it?

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
Grain Hay Cattle - 2/13/2014 14:18

I had it on my licence and have since had it removed. My family has been told that I am willing to donate my organs, but I want the final decision to be with them and what they are comfortable with. A friend and neighbor lost her husband suddenly a couple years ago and it was not a friendly process for her. I also just read that skin/tissue are now included or will be included with organ donation. This was with an article about a woman who had a face transplant from a deceased person. I don't want my family to be put into a position where they have no say in what is donated.
Sarah

In Wi. there is also a website (I I don't have the link right now) that a person should fill out and let them know which organs you want to harvested..That way it's official if there is something one does not want to let go.. The thing is, usually the organs need to be harvested asap or they go bad so if one is in an accident just the wait time might be long enough for them to go bad.. One does "not" need to let them take everything.. I would think in a case like this it would be easier for the individual to decide for themselves rather than put their family in a position that might be to upsetting at the time if it happens.. I guess I'd want something in writing also in case they were keeping the person alive for a while after they were brain dead making sure the family would not be responsible for the extra hospital costs.. I've seen families torn over this ordeal also and if the person themselves had registered there would have been no arguing with their EX's family or other family members..
I posted this in one other forum and the saddest response I heard was "Hell no,,What's in it for Me".. Have to say I lost much respect for that poster all together for a comment like that.. It's a personal choice but that took the cake... AS is mentioned one person can save up to 40+ people...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)