AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organ donation, have you thought about it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dieseldoc
Posted 2/13/2014 12:53 (#3687154 - in reply to #3687025)
Subject: RE: Organ donation, have you thought about it?

Iowa
heres the short version. Mom was 50 and had a aneurism and was basically dead when she got to the hospital. healthy otherwise just fell over one day. So they wanted organs and I said ok. Problem was all the people that needed the major organs were not at the hospital. So they kept her on life support for 4 days until they got everyone that needed the organs there.. I was pissed but still young and didn't really know what I was doing. All I know is if I needed a heart or something I would be at the hospital in 20 minutes. So after all that bs happened and finally I could pull the plug. they took her organs and then I got a bill for several hundred thousand dollars. WTF they charged me for keeping her on life support for the 4 extra days. I said why don't the people that got the organs pay the bill and that this is BS and how in the hell is a 20 year old going to pay all this money. Ended up getting a lawyer and he got it all straight but still ended up costing me a ton of money. Then I get to meet a couple people that got like her heart and lungs and some other major organs a couple years later. They couldn't even say thank you so that's when I told them wtf I had to go thru to keep you people alive. All this happened 10 years ago and I am still pissed about it. Only way I would donate my organs or my wifes is if I had everything in writing and if the people cant be there to receive the organs within a few hours they don't get them and the plug gets pulled.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)