AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

750 drill vs kinze planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dave swia
Posted 8/18/2006 08:35 (#36839 - in reply to #36642)
Subject: RE: 750 drill vs kinze planter

sw corner Ia
750 units will punch beans in notill better than anything available. Period. You will miss them no matter what you get. Deere units with coulters seem to work good enough to get the job done. Add a 24th unit and move your drawbar over 7.5" and drive between the rows, works better, but when you get off and you have 12 units on corn rows you better have the beans in deep enough to hit dirt so they will grow. You also will have six rows with a lift wheel track directly over it. In wet conditions you might as well not bother to put beans in these rows because the tires will squeeze the row into concrete. Seen it. Needs to be pretty wet though, so this might be a personal beat your neighbor done problem.

You will despise all the little boxes you have to climb around to get loaded several times a day. Deere's used to lose lids on the road, maybe kinze fixed this. He fixed about everything else.

You will love having one planter that will plant more than beans. You will also love the narrow transport width.

You will not save any more seed. If you plant 150K before and plant 150K with this one, you will still plant 150K. Plants the beans more evenly, but this is not a yeild enhancing trait. (best beans I have this year are a spotty stand I thought I should have replanted that now average about 100K and look absolutely great, so there you go)

Talk to some of your neighbors who actually are your freinds and see what they think. Maybe they will come over and plant a few strips next to yours next spring so you can compare. That is how I got into narrow rows. Good luck.

(beans notill 05.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments beans notill 05.JPG (65KB - 196 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)