AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To reprimand or terminate employee from below?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/4/2014 23:35 (#3663692 - in reply to #3663658)
Subject: RE: Terminate ? ?

central - east central Minnesota -
1156versatile - 2/4/2014 23:12

I posted a thread below about "how things can change in a minute". First, I have to express how thankful I am that my employee is alive and in good health after the scare we had today. Please be careful of entering grain bins.

I now am faced with how to confront the situation with my employee? After a short conversation he stated that he did not use his best judgement In placing himself in an unsafe situation. Along with placing himself in a possibly life threatening position the situation could have risked my entire operation due to his behavior. I do not ask or expect my employees to enter into unsafe conditions or expect them to perform duties that they are not comfortable in. He has been a so-so employee, not bad but not great either. He is flexible around my hours with his schedule. In the last year he has put himself in situations I would deem as unsafe. I have mentioned these to him when I see them happen. What does an employer do? Would you terminate for failing to perform job functions in a safe manor risking himself, others, and myself as employer or give him a safety citation and reprimand for that? I'm at a loss on this one as I am just glad he is ok.

So, he almost kills himself, and now you would consider finishing the job? Maybe you mean seperation of employment? Not termanate, like lif,e could end..... Some thing that a good Hr Manager tought me . . . .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)