AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who plays a musical instrument?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 1/27/2014 00:17 (#3638612 - in reply to #3638039)
Subject: RE: Who plays a musical instrument?

Southeast Wyoming

I took piano lessons as a child and then again for a while much later in life when I had an 8 to 5 job away from the farm.  It didn't take.  I played cornet in grade school, jr & senior high and for two semesters in the ROTC drum and bugle corps at college.  Dabbled some in guitar, uke and harmonica. I have done a guitar/harmonica/singing solo in church years ago.  I've also whistled part of a solo.  Church is a great place to perform because they are supportive regardless.  lol

I'm trying to learn more about the uke and harmonica; want to learn to "bend" notes.  Wanting to pick up on keyboard and guitar.  NO, NOT THIS KEYBOARD!  I like NAT but often wish I had spent the time I've spent HERE practicing music instead.

I too suffered through the grammy awards. I almost turned away a few times but decided I should be aware of what has become acceptable on stage.  What is lacking in talent seems to be replaced by skin, "technology", flame, smoke and mirrors and just plain racket. (Yeah I remember what I said about the church being supportive but there is a line which honesty should not cross.)  The agenda drive towards the end is indicative of where the grammy awards are headed - a lot more awards than true winners.  That stage towards the end appeared to have been laden with people strung out on drugs, not that such is new in the "entertainment" world.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)