AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Swath Control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/20/2008 21:26 (#362264 - in reply to #362097)
Subject: RE: Insight Swath Control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have noticed something like this on my simulator. I have a computer feeding canned GPS to an Insight for demonstration purposes.

Sometimes when I start out, the Arrow is pointing in the opposite direction of this canned route. If I demonstrate a split planter with Variety A on the left and Variety B on the right, the mapping is sometimes backwards for a while and then the colors swap places right before your eyes.

I suspect this is probably related to what you are seeing by backing into the corners. When you say that the map spins in front of you, I assume you are Zoomed in on the coverage map and have the choice of direction of travel always pointing UP. This spinning around seems to be consistent with my observations above.

I don't have Seed Command but always run with Autoswath unchecked when doing the first outside passes around a field while spraying or applying NH3. Once I get into the field, I check autoswath and let it do its thing. I always shut off the Master when autoswath has shut off the entire rig. Then I don't have any surprises in case the rig should go over an unapplied area within the boundary.

Once I turn around and am squared up with the next pass, I reengage the Master Swtich and then autoswath brings on the sections as it seems fit. On a planter with an implement switch this would not be unnecessary since the implement switch accomplishes the same thing.

Possibly unchecking autoswath might be the answer for you. Seems strange that this worked properly for you last year and not this year.

Edited by tedbear 4/20/2008 21:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)