AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gary Wilhelmi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CLWilhelmi
Posted 1/20/2014 22:37 (#3621329 - in reply to #3618493)
Subject: Re: Gary Wilhelmi

This is Gary’s oldest, Chris. He died 1/13 of complications from infections due to diabetes.

It is nice to see the comments coming in from all over the country about my father. If you would like to read more about my father, I posted a thanks at length in response to a post by Cindy at AgWired (there is also an article from Gary Truitt if you search Gary Wilhelmi on google)

But, I will tell you this… I was driving cross-country in ’94 when I pulled into Lincoln, NE with an oil leak. The dealership told me it was a $700 rear main seal (what a pile of….!). So, I went to a smaller service station near the edge of town just at 5:00 p.m. The man told me the issue was a 67¢ O-Ring and that the repair would be $50 and he could get to it the next day. He saw my credit card and inquired about my last name. I told him Gary was my father. He repaired my car within the hour and refused to take any money.

That was when I realized my dad was doing something special for good people.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, and please spread the word-- it will mean a lot to my mother.

Chris Wilhelmi, Chicago
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)