AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere AutoTrac Controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 1/16/2014 20:00 (#3609689 - in reply to #3606735)
Subject: Re: John Deere AutoTrac Controller, edited

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
I went to the Raven site and looked up the 7800 Deere kit that you have. I am rather surprised that the combine will actually steer at all with the way that you have plumbed the valve, if the Lexion 750 has an open centre steering system. There should not be enough back pressure in the original steering system feed line to force oil to the auto steer valve. If the Lexion actually has a closed centre system running high pressure standby for steering than I would expect the valve to work correctly, although the overide would not work. Raven has open centre valves that accomodate the steering overide correctly.

Edit, I looked up a Leica steering kit designed for your combine. According to the info in that material the Lexion 750 has a closed cente steering system, not open centre. That would explain why the steering kit that you installed works. That kit used a flow switch in the pressure line to the original steering orbitrol to provide the kick out function. Leica or I believe Raven could provide that switch, but I have no idea if the JD/Raven kit that you have would recognize it correctly.

Edited by WTW 1/16/2014 23:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)