AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blood pressure meds might be needed after reading..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rollig
Posted 4/18/2008 21:23 (#360864 - in reply to #360576)
Subject: Re: Blood pressure meds might be needed after reading..

SCMN
This is the email I sent the guy...

Hello Deroy,

I just read you article entitled "End the ethanol folly for foods sake" and let me say that it was above and beyond the most ignorant piece of crap I have read about ethanol yet. You really have no idea do you? You are one of those people who hears all these rumors about ethanol causing people to starve and believes every word of it aren't you? If you had taken any time to do some research you would have found that the recent spikes in food prices are influenced by energy prices in general and not biofuels alone. Yes, biofuels have played a small role in the increase in food prices. There is something like 5 cents worth of corn in a box of corn flakes. That is at current prices so even if corn doubled the price of that box of cereal would only go up 5 cents. How much do you think the box costs, the plastic bag inside, the glue to hold it shut, the energy to run the plant to manufacture it, the workers salaries, the fuel to ship it to the stores? This is where the increase in food prices is from, not the damn corn!!! Stop spreading your ignorance! You should retract that article and never write another one again. If you do write anything else about biofuels please do your homework and get some unbiased information. And most important of all, HOW DARE YOU CALL GRAIN FARMERS PAMPERED AND COMPARE THEM TO SAUDI ROYALTY!!!!!!! If I ever heard someone say that I would probably punch them in the face right where they stood. I am a grain farmer and I'm sure I work more in one week that you do in an entire year...and I have a full time job as an engineer on top of that! I encourage you to come out to my southern MN farm and try your hand at this farming business since you think it's so easy. You wouldn't last half a day. I am serious, email me back and I will give you directions...get out here and call me a pampered grain farmer to my face, I dare you.

I'm just going to guess but you are probably a suburban "citiot" who knows nothing about rural life and where his food comes from and all the hard work that goes into getting it to the grocery shelf so you can eat. If you're going to bad mouth farmers just make sure you don't talk with your mouth full...

Good day sir,

Sincerely, Grant Rollins
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)