AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere AutoTrac Controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 1/15/2014 19:59 (#3606786 - in reply to #3606290)
Subject: RE: John Deere AutoTrac Controller

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Lexion 750 doesn't use Load Sense? I was under the impression that everything made in the last 20 years uses Load Sense. I'm guessing that it is closed center instead?

The pressure transducer that you would have used on a LS system detects the spike in pressure on the LS line when the operator turns the steering wheel. On a closed center system, there isn't any way to detect steering wheel movement with pressure. I think the easiest solution would be to add a rotation sensor of some kind to the steering shaft. Something like a magnetic reed switch and a couple magnets on the steering shaft so that when you turn the wheel, the reed switch will open and close. The problem here is that depending on how the steering wheel is left when you quit turning it, the reed switch may be open or closed. The pressure transducer would always be in one state when not turning the wheel and the other state when turning the wheel. Hopefully your steering controller has the ability to detect manual override based on either state change, not just when going high or low.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)