AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying and moving grain bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 1/15/2014 18:43 (#3606498 - in reply to #3605967)
Subject: Re: Buying and moving grain bin

Manitoba
I agree with those saying it will not be worth it. this last year I bought (5) 4100 bu bins for very little cash and calculated it all out with my own labor for everything and thought I'd come out ahead. I put them on cones. if everything had worked out as it should have I would have come out ahead BUT as is normal things don't always go as they should. in my case the 4 of the 5 extensions sheets I ordered for them (to bring them to 5800 bu) kept getting pushed back. eventually I had to put the bins up as I needed the storage for corn and couldn't wait. so now I have only (1) 5800 bushel bins and 4 still at 4100 bu (+ cone capacity of about 500 bu) and the crane rental and work involved to pull them back off the cones probably means that they will stay that size. given what happened and the bu of storage I ended up with I didn't save anything and now have some undersized, used bins and the work I put into them when I could have just bought new smoothwall bins and I'd had netted out pretty much the same.

lesson learned.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)