AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 questions on AgLeader Displays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/15/2014 09:11 (#3605335 - in reply to #3604466)
Subject: Re: 2 questions on AgLeader Displays

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The current version for an Integra is 4.5, but I'm told that 5.0 will be out for Spring. I believe there will be some enhancements (among other things) to make switching varieties within a field somewhat easier. This has been a point of confusion for some new users.

When you update a display, the updates for the display are loaded and updates for all possible modules "come along" at that time and are stored in the Display itself. Later if you use a module, the system checks to see if the module firmware is at the correct level. If the system detects that a newer one is available it will ask permission to update that module. You agree to allow the update and the module is then updated. If the firmware in the module is a good match then the system just proceeds onward. This process is repeated so if you connect to a different implement with a different module the firmware is again checked and updated if necessary.

As far as getting a second display, the SETUP file can be transferred via a memory stick so the "new" display will have much information from the "old" display. These will be the setup type items, (field names, equipment etc.). This is very handy to quickly get the new display up and running. This works between Integras, Versas, or a mix. The log files of operations done with the "old" display are not copied to the "new" display. This process does not work with older displays (Insight, Edge).

If some information has been hand typed into the new display and then the setup procedure is used it can get a bit confusing. The setup file will add field names etc to the new display so the new display will have all the field names from the old display plus any that might have been hand entered in the new display. Sometimes a field from the old display may be one that is already typed into the new display with a different spelling of the name. This field will in a sense be listed twice which can lead to confusion.

As far as another display, the Versa may work fine you you but I would be tempted to just go with another Integra as there are slight difference between the two in features which might be important sometime.

I need to decide on a plan myself for the upcoming year. I have two Insights that I have used for several years in various tractors, sprayer and the combine. Now I have added an Integra and it will be used in the new planting tractor. It will run steering, population monitoring, clutches, monitor starter fertilizer and control spray. It will also be logging varieties.

This Integra could be moved to the combine and used instead of an Insight but I would lose auto steering in the planting tractor which maybe used for tillage at that time. If I continue to use an Insight in the combine I will not have onscreen variety maps. Buying a second Integra might solve the problem but I'm not willing to go that route plus I need at least one steering unlocked Insight for another tractor that uses a Trimble Autopilot. I think I will leave the Integra in the planting tractor 24/7 and use an Insight in the combine. I don't do anything real exotic with varieties so I think paper copies of the variety maps in the combine will suffice for my "by the seat of my pants analysis".

Edited by tedbear 1/15/2014 09:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)