AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Silo Unloaders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim Dandy
Posted 1/14/2014 12:41 (#3603038 - in reply to #3602891)
Subject: Re: Silo Unloaders

NW Illinois Stephenson county
I have a Quantum in a 20'x90' harv. I use it for hay. Feed out is as fast as your conveyers can take it away. Filling is a nerve racking experience. You need to watch the amp meter to see if it doesn't raise quick enough or after several years the auger bearing wore and it started to catch the bolt heads on the harv so you can stop it or the overload on the motor trips you need to go up and reset it and air temp is 95 and the motor is sizzling hot and you need to wait for it to cool down all the while loads are coming in to be unloaded every 10 minutes. All this adds to the paranoia. You almost have to be at the blower because no one else wants to avoid problems like you do! Hole plugged several times over the years. The longer and dryer the haylage becomes, the worse it is. If I couldn't get it unplugged myself, it would cost one to two thousand to get it unplugged.The worst time it cost $6,000.00 to unplug. If you plug hole or have electrical problems, you are done filling until it gets fixed. So for me it is a love/hate relationship. Jamesway no longer manufactures this unloader. A circuit board shorted out and it cost $750.00 plus waiting 6 months to be manufactured, luckily I was able to limp by having reduced functions and being done filling for the year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)