AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loss of a leader in Precision AG
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John EIA
Posted 1/13/2014 12:50 (#3600379)
Subject: Loss of a leader in Precision AG

Overnight one of the early leaders in the precision ag movement died. He was Ken Hofer of Park Farms computers in Dewitt, Iowa. Ken and I have known each other for years, I started with Comodore computers and he started with Blackhawk computers selling a hog record program and then accounting. He and I both participated in some showings of computers and software as limited as they were. This was even before Visi-Calc, you youngsters wouldn't even know that term.
When yield monitoring was in its infancy Ken had it in his combine. There was a full desktop computer and keyboard right beside the operator seat. Things progressed from there, we actually put it in our combine in 1996 and have gone a long way from there.
Ken's son Mike has been in the middle of the business for a number of years and will carry it on.
Ken learned of his cancer nearly four years ago, he went through a lot of worthwhile treatments but the end became inevitable. Ken and his wife Phylis were an excellant witness as to how a couple goes through something like this. Their faith in God has been astranomical.
The family needs your prayers right now at this time of loss.

John EIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)