AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using circle track to plant over banded fertilizer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PrecisionNE
Posted 1/13/2014 08:33 (#3599840 - in reply to #3597623)
Subject: Re: Using circle track to plant over banded fertilizer.

Eastern Nebraska
There are several ways to utilize circle track. You can drive a ring, or if you know the lat/lon you can create the circles that way. I helped a guy do a similar set up. He had the lat/lon if every single center of the pivot, then you do a little math for how wide the tracks are. Say you had 1600 ft from center of the pivot to the end gun spray. With a 40 ft planter then you would know that that track would be the 40th track. Setting your center would be "track 0" so you would go out to the 40th to drive. You would see on your guidance page at the top there are little white numbers telling you the track number you're on. And because you're running RTK the track won't shift. I would do this for every field that you have. Make a spreadsheet of the field's name and the lat/lon of the center of the pivot. Then you do the math with the applicable planter width and then you'll have your outside pass. Then if I were you, I'd set up your access manager on your 2630 to lock out your operators from changing the offsets of your implement or changing the tracks. I hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)