AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using circle track to plant over banded fertilizer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mbtx
Posted 1/12/2014 13:32 (#3597623)
Subject: Using circle track to plant over banded fertilizer.

I use Deere RTK guidance. I use mostly 2630 displays with a combination of ITC and 3000 receivers.
Two winters ago I had a man drive the outside wheel track of every pivot to get exact pivot point of every pivot. I also had him measure from wheel track to last nozzle, in order to set pink boundary line 3 feet outside the last nozzle. Overhang lengths for each sprinkler are in 2630s under notes in the resources tab.

I make the guys use circle track to dress the outside of my circles for several reasons, but two are the most important to me.
First the fields remain the correct size. I have seen circles grow in size thru several years of manual steering around the outside of the field. If seed or fertilizer is placed outside the water pattern of my sprinklers it is lost completely.
Second I band a dry blend with NH3 in Feb-March, then I try to plant directly on top of fertilizer band. In most fields I plant 32 rows using circle track around the outside of circle. I like having one row outside the last nozzle on sprinkler. This is easy to do on acres of heavy trash or wheat stubble because you can see strips and line planter up accordingly.

We also band conventional tilled acres. Here we are purely injecting fertilizer not trying to create a seed bed or do any kind of tillage. Once volunteer corn emerges we sweep and plant. This erases any kind of strip we created along with the outside wheel track. Without a strip to line up the planter, I'm not sure that we are getting seed on top of band on the dress rows.

My question is does anybody have an easy and repeatable way to set guidance line in the exact same spot in relation to the end of sprinkler, when using circle track?

Keep in mind I have two different widths of implements, multiple tractor jockeys, and sprinklers are all different lengths.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)