AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble RTK value
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

3500ctd
Posted 1/12/2014 10:40 (#3597272 - in reply to #3594936)
Subject: Re: Trimble RTK value

Wisconsin
We demo'd a Deere system back when we were looking at our first system and I'm young enough where learning a new system shouldn't be a problem, but I agree, basically starting over kind of stinks. Deere's 3000 receiver is glonoss ready. I don't think there is an additional charge to use the glonoss satellites.

Yes, when we priced out our first system, Deere was more expensive.....If I remember right it was about $7000 more, but our dealer got bought out since then. I think the old owners were trying to pull something as they were tacking on hundreds of dollars in shipping expenses for the activations....figure that one out. Anyways, the new owners aren't going to pull stuff like that.

As far as the percent of accuracy you mentioned, I'm going to look into that. I remember seeing that in the brochure's years ago. I looked at the link you provided....is it possible that is somewhat old info? They talk about using an ITC receiver and a few other things that are now out of date. They are also talking about ground base stations and having to have line of sight. We have a dealer network of towers and now with the 450 MHz radios, line of sight isn't required right? Either way, I have more questions to ask my dealer now.

Edited by 3500ctd 1/12/2014 10:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)