AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

running agleader rowclutches with trimble fm750?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/11/2014 09:23 (#3594658 - in reply to #3587173)
Subject: Re: running agleader rowclutches with trimble fm750?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
If the Ag Leader clutches are SureVacs then one needs to be careful with the polarity at the SureVac connector when using a system other than Ag Leader . Ag Leader cycles a row OFF by completing the individual ground to each row. Each Surevac is fed with a common "hot" to each rowl on Pin A.

Other systems often feed a common ground to each unit and then cycle the row OFF by switching a "hot" to each row. This means that the polarity at the 2 pole weatherpak connector may be backwards compared to what it would be with a complete Ag Leader system.

Since the Surevacs are polarity sensitive, the units can be burnt out if you apply the incorrect polarity. The solution is to just pop the pins out of the harness and reinsert them in the opposite places. You could switch them on the frame harness end or the SureVac end. I would recommend switching at the frame harness. That way if a Surevac would fail and you got a new one that it would plug right in without damage. If you switch at the SureVac end then you might forget that step with a new clutch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)