AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

450mhz Deere RTK base help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SteveD
Posted 1/10/2014 12:20 (#3592490 - in reply to #3592264)
Subject: RE: 450mhz Deere RTK base help

Angus8335 - 1/10/2014 11:11

We have been using are grain bin for the RTK Base the past few years but it hasn't been working very well usually running on RTK-x. Are ground is very rolling we and is 10 mi east to west.
I purchased a 100' free standing tower and i have the 450mhz base receiver, I need advice on what i need to make it work
What do you recommend for an antenna, coax cable, repeater/ transponder, etc?

Get in touch with a local 2-way radio company for the "radio" side. They would be a good resource so a good relationship with them will help you in the future.

Receiver location - mount the receiver (GPS side here) to a solid object. If up high - top of a bin, NOT a tower (or even grain leg tower - even big ones move in the wind). If on top of a bin - mount 6' or more above the top to reduce reflections. Beware of guy lines, air tubes, chutes, augers, etc that may be close. This will affect line jumps. Mounting the receiver in the clear is always best.

Put your radio antenna up as high as you can get it. This will help get over hills. Note the terrain/elevation near the tower. Contact your dealer to see if they can get a Propagation Map run (requires DTAC case with lots of info - coordinates, elevation, structure height, antenna gain, power, etc).

The biggest affects on your coverage are antenna height and location. The power output does to a certain extent, but if your antenna is in a hole 10,000 watts won't get you through either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)