AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

normalization of data
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BuckyFan33
Posted 1/10/2014 10:08 (#3592090 - in reply to #3591968)
Subject: Re: normalization of data

Why do you think that is? Is there a nutrient deficiency out there that affects crops differently? For example, a shortage of available Calcium is probably going to affect soybeans more than corn. Just curious but it seems like yield trends should match over all crops unless there is a fertility issue. I have little experience with actual yield data though so I wouldn't really know I guess. I suppose that if high yields between different crops are located in different areas normalization would be moot.

My question is still about the values that are assigned each grid square or data point when you normalize the data. Where does that value come from? For example, lets just say your running a corn bean rotation and you have six years of yield data. Your corn yield for any one point is 160, 200, 180, and that same point has bean yields of 45, 60, and 50. That point is given a normalized value based on those six numbers but does that value have any meaning or is just a relative value? Can you make a recommendation based on that number?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)