AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

water plumbing in a shop?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/10/2014 09:08 (#3591923 - in reply to #3591241)
Subject: RE: water plumbing in a shop?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
west illini - 1/9/2014 21:55

After the initial entrance of the supply line into the shop, how are you guys handling water lines in a shop to multiple locations? For ex, bathroom, and 2 wall hydrants ( one at each big door)? Sleeve under the concrete?

For my layout, the bathroom and utility room are beside each other close to where the water comes into the building. The pressure washer and faucets for cleaning are on the opposite side of the building. The cold hard water comes into the utility room from the outside world. It splits there and goes to a water softener and water heater in the utility room. The lines in the utility room are small and are attached to the outer wall (well insulated). Before pouring the floor we ran three runs of PEX across to the pressure washer area. The lines are for hard cold, soft cold and soft warm water. The pressure washer is fed from the soft cold line. I was concerned that the water flow might be restricted since it goes through the softener. This hasn't been a problem.

I do not have floor heat but use a conventional home hot air LP furnace in the shop with two ceiling fans for circulation. I keep the temperature set at 45 degrees F. The system appears to have survived over the recent really cold snap although I haven't checked the faucets by the pressure washer. I should probably do that today.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)