AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision Ag Repair Charges
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 1/9/2014 12:57 (#3589507 - in reply to #3589012)
Subject: Re: Precision Ag Repair Charges

Coles County, Illinois
It wouldn't surprise me if someone told me that 3/4 of the cost of this technology is in support. Let's take a a cable that goes between the Chassis cable and the steering unit. The list price for mine is $240. In a factory setting a cable to achieve this same function would cost $6. Of course It'd require someone to follow the color codes but for a simple replacement that's just a matter of mapping the colors to the terminals. Blue on T1,Red on T2 and ect... But in the Ag Equipment paradigm you can't expect someone to be able to open a control enclosure and do this. No you have to have a socket and plug. So even @ 1000 unit pricing there's another $60 for 2 plug and socket sets. Since it's laying out out on the floor of a cab, you can't use 28 gauge wire. You have to use 14 and you have to put it in flexible conduit, test it, tag the ends, ect... So $6 goes to $30. As a manufacturer you got $90 wrapped up in a cable that you still have to ship to a dealer. So they charge the dealer $120.

The dealer now has this cable and has to charge $240 because he's bleeding all the expenses Canucker listed in "free" support.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)