AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cost for simple gps?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

oldbones
Posted 1/7/2014 20:25 (#3584587 - in reply to #3583850)
Subject: RE: Cost for simple gps?

Floyd County, Iowa
Are you talking just a lightbar and manual steering? If so look at EZ-Guide Plus (older units, but still work), EZ-Guide 250, 500, 750. Lots of other brands out there that I have no experience with, and prices are reasonable. Others on here will give you the merits and downfalls of all of them.

That being said, make sure you look ahead a year or two. BTDT!!
Going to want steering? Coverage maps? Something more accurate than WAAS? Row shut-offs? Boom shutoffs? If so, do it now, or at least get a lightbar that will support the future applications. I can pretty much guarantee (from my experience, anyway) that you will go with steering after a year or two of chasing a light bar manually. Killer on the eyes, and takes the fun out of looking around at what you're doing or NOT doing. I did that for a couple of years with an EZ-Guide plus. Went to EZ250 and EZ Steer. Much better. Still learning how to fine tune it, but I'm of the "older persuasion", so it takes a little longer for me. I don't plan on going auto row, auto boom, or better that WAAS, so this works for me. Just wish I'd done it right off the bat. Now I have an older EZ Plus setting on a shelf, thinking about putting it on the utility tractor for spraying CRP, just because it should be doing something besides collecting dust.
my 2 cents

edit: I realize I didn't answer your question about price, but you have to decide what you want before you can price it. After you figure out what you want it to do, you can do searches on the classifieds, google, and about anywhere and get pricing. And get something you can get support for locally.

Edited by oldbones 1/7/2014 20:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)