AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 440 to Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/7/2014 07:36 (#3582274 - in reply to #3580614)
Subject: Re: Raven 440 to Integra

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the added details that Kmech has offered. Multiple sections are not a problem. When you shutoff a section (or all sections), the reduced width will be shown and used by the Integra. Thus the displayed applied rate and map are correct.

For changing rates for test plots you can do this via the Integra by switching between Rate 1 & Rate 2 or you can utilize a "bump factor" where you can bump the target rate Up/Down by using the Up/Down arrows on the Integra. The rate will be changed by the bump factor that you have set in. You decide the amount of the bump factor which will be based on the product and your goals. In other words you still have the same rate options that you did on the Raven directly but you handle them through the Integra.

Prescription (Rx) maps for variable rate can also be utilized if this is in your plans.

As Kmech as indicated, the main feature that Direct Command (completely replacing the Raven 440) offers over the solution suggested is AutoSwath. Since the Raven direct wires the boom sections, section control must be manual through the Raven.

Unless you are changing rates, the Integra wouldn't be touched much in normal operations. Your physical interaction would be with the Raven Master and section switches as you have done in the past.

As Kmech as suggested a possible advantage to going this route, is that the system can still work as before if the Integra is needed in another rig at the same time. You would obviously lose the mapping and logging abilities but you could still apply.

For those that might be interested, the App Rate module can work in much the same way with a Raven Sidekick console running a Raven Injection Pump for direct chemical injection.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)