AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

560 Response to gostate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

560HighCrop
Posted 1/5/2014 18:47 (#3576853)
Subject: 560 Response to gostate

west central Iowa
We started tiling with 6' Johnson plow using 5" tile. We tried to use the Ia CORS network, 500 RTK monitor, and original Intellislope display. Basically we were oversizing tile to make sure it ran. We would run into time periods were we lost RTK fix, and would have to stop for a while, until we got signal back. We tried some flat runs and that didn't work out very well. Would be fine if you had some slope to start with.

I have upgraded to FM 750 RTK & Glonass to run Integra based Intellislope. This spring I was able to buy a used Trimble 542 RTK & Glonass base station. With this setup everyone assured me that we could run 4" tile and be fine. 5" tile $.50+ and 4" tile $.32 per foot. With this savings in tile cost we paid for all upgrades this summer.

We presurveyed an 80 with the Inegra on the gator. This worked really well! We then moved GPS equipment to the 8640 tile tractor and started tiling.

Feel free to use email in profile, we are around Lake City if you would like to visit some time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)