AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

more questions for kinzemechanic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 1/4/2014 20:13 (#3573888 - in reply to #3573772)
Subject: Re: more questions for kinzemechanic

Missouri
There are minor differences in cabling from Kinze, and cabling from Ag Leader, but nothing that should make a difference. The differences amount to which cables are packaged with which kits, or sometimes one cable will be a little longer or a little shorter than another, but nothing that should stop things from working.

Did your tech mention which cable he thought was at fault? A part number here will be incredibly helpful.

I've got a hunch I know what your issue could be. There is a power supply cable, on the tractor side of things, for the second power circuit in the implement cable. Ag Leader treats it as optional equipment, but Kinze treats it as standard equipment. From time to time this results in an Ag Leader installed tractor not supplying full power to the planter. IF this is the case, the extra cable is about $50, or the modules on the planter can be both run on the single power supply line (this is the default installation method by Ag Leader).

Open the module box. You should have two modules in there, a gray colored planter monitor module (PMM), and a black colored clutch control module (CCM). We need to find out if the CCM has power. There is an indicator LED on that module. Pay it *no* mind. It will be flashing even without power (different circuit). The CCM will have two wires coming out of it, 12 gauge, one red, one black, going into a 2 pin Deutsch DTP connector. Unhook that connector, and use a volt meter or a test light to check for power here. Let me know what you find.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)