AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Smartrax MD questions for a beginner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 1/4/2014 10:27 (#3572584 - in reply to #3571730)
Subject: Re: Raven Smartrax MD questions for a beginner

Coles County, Illinois
I think the list price for the kit (117-5030-020) which includes node, steering unit and cable between the two is $4500. I went nuts on a black friday sale and bought a setup to add Smarttrax MD to a Cruizer II for the tillage tractor, an Envizio Pro II and another Smarttrax MD for the planting tractor. Dealer support isn't an issue for me so I bought them from a internet site. My "local" dealer is still 50 miles away and when I talked to them, I quickly saw they knew a lot about the SCS consoles and the NH3 coolers which they wanted list price. When asked about the rest of the stuff they said they were going to hire someone to expand into that area. Kinda thought I'd be on my own if I bought from them so why not price shop.

I'm still waiting on the install kits as they had to be ordered from Raven but I knew that up front. The steering units feel a lot heavier than the Ontrack 2 units (same as Smartsteer) a friend is running with an Ag Leader Versa and an Integra. My Ag Leader buddy had the dealer install his and one thing I liked was that they used a bracket to get the steering node off the floor. One thing I don't like is that he moves all his cables and ring gears between the 4 pieces of equipment they can go in. He ends up with pile of cables laying on the floor and it takes him quite a while to get his rings moved.Since I don't plan on moving the cables I'm thinking about mounting the steering control node near the floor behind the seat.

Edit: The kit also comes with a foot switch. The node to display cable is extra as it depends on which display you're running. Plus you have machine specific hardware for the gear and anti rotation bracket . A full install would also need a chassis cable

Edited by Herbie56 1/4/2014 10:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)