AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2008 Kinze 3650 ISOBUS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 12/10/2013 19:03 (#3508072 - in reply to #3507074)
Subject: Re: 2008 Kinze 3650 ISOBUS?

Missouri
FarmerEric - 12/10/2013 10:42

KMech,Thanks a lot for the reply I really appreciate it!

I wonder if you go to trick the system by putting entering it as a 3660 if it is going to have an option for no HYD drive since HYD drive is the only way that a 3660 can be equipped?

When configuring the ISO module, there is a page where every planter option is presented as a checkbox (ASD, Edgevac, tank scales, two point hitch, and so forth). Hydraulic drive is listed on this page, which leads me to believe it is possible to deselect that option, but to be honest, I have not tried that. I think it would work. I think the best plan A is to still hope a 3650 is a listed model on the configuration screen.
I have been looking at the ISOBUS Electric Clutch Package wiring harness diagram for a 3660 online. I was wondering if the Jumpstart cables that hook back into the sensor harness were only necessary on VR planter? For some reason I've got in my head that Jumpstart has to do with VR.

VR has no bearing on the jumpstart sensor. The jumpstart sensor is required with ISO hyd drive, as it functions both for the jumpstart purpose, and for function as a backup speed sensor in the event of GPS failure. Without hydraulic drive, there is no need for a jumpstart sensor. The ISO system can use the speed sensor from your existing monitor system as the backup speed source.
>Also does the harness that plugs into the sensors through the length of the toolbar have to be replaced to be able to plug into the PPM?

No. You just unplug it from the current monitor harness, and plug it into the ISO PMM. Depending on where you mount the modules, it may be necessary to make a short extension harness.
 Would variety tracking be possible? 

This function is dependent on your display. The ISOBUS just runs the planter, it is up to the display side to perform mapping of coverage/varieties.
We will not be putting clutches on the interplant units.

That will simplify installation. It also throws a curveball at the planter. When planting in 15" rows, it uses a different offset value. It tries to turn the clutches on/off when the middle of the planter toolbar crosses into/out of coverage (front and rear rows clutch off together, the system tries to "split the difference" on the ends.
I didn't realize that you had to use preset profiles for the planter. I was looking through the Kinze Operators Manual on ISOBUS and it has a page that shows how to put in Offsets into the 2630, is that just for side to side offsets?

Here is a link to what I'm talking about: http://www.kinze.com/filesimages/manuals/ISOBUS_M0246_R0813.pdf  (P.23)

I have conflicting information on how the offsets behave, and have not had the opportunity to determine which is correct. I have been told that changing the offsets affects the mapping, but the planter will still use the preprogrammed offsets to turn the clutches on/off. I have also been told that if you change the pre-populated offsets, it overrides that. Obviously, these statements cannot both be correct. Either way, it can be made to work. If there's an offset on the planter that won't adjust, a workaround is to just make the adjustment on the tractor side, i.e. if you can't make the necessary programming change to the planter tongue length, you can change the offset for the tractor drawbar instead, to the same net effect.
While troubleshooting an unrelated issue, I have seen a tendency for the system to revert back to it's original prepopulated offsets sometimes. If a 3650 planter option is not available, I think the next best course of action would be to use a planter model with dimensions as similar as possible to the actual planter, so if something were to cause the offsets to revert to the preprogrammed information, it would minimize the amount of error. The next time I get a chance to put an ISO planter in the dirt, I intend to change the offsets, and see if it produces a corresponding change in clutch operation.
Thanks alot for your help!

Eric  

No problem. Lots of good questions here, and it helps me keep on my toes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)